Thursday, December 18, 2008

Supermarket Shocker

I described the following ad to someone last week and she responded, "That's awful!" I thought it was pretty clever, but hey, art (of TV commercials) is subjective.



Children. If I every have any, I hope they're not the loud, obnoxious type. I want my kids to be quiet, private and grow up to be creative geniuses who think up the new Google or YouTube and make a bajillion dollars at age 20 and buy my nice things.

Yeahhhhhhh. So, uhm condoms?

I thought this spot was smart. You go, "What are they advertising?" or "This is awkward." Then you get it. It's the consequence of not using a rubber! Of course!

I can see how this can be offensive though. Especially to those parents who have children like that. I mean, if you want to have kids, but then they turn out like that, it doesn't mean that you should have used contraceptives. No wonder it was a banned commercial.

No comments: