Monday, December 15, 2008

Animated Water Boy

My non-blogger friend Elizabeth describes herself as a "commercial junkie." She diligently checks the Epica Awards' (the best of commercials in Europe) website to see which ads received the latest prestige. I personally think that's a little too much, and sort of lame, but whatever. That's Elizabeth for you.

Anyway, she gave me my latest tip on a commercial. So if you think this one is kind of dull, remember - I didn't choose it. It was Elizabeth.



Yeah. Apparently that won an award. An 'Epica' as they call it. I guess it was cute. They let a kid or some guy with a high voice sing over "We Will Rock You." They made an animation of this water "boy" who walks around and stomps out fires.

I'm pretty apathetic towards this one. There was nothing too groundbreaking about this commercial. The water boy finds a water girl and they have water babies. What's the point Evian? That's why more people drink Dasani and Aquafina. That's also why Fiji water is cooler than you.

The ad was pretty long too. 2:39 of him walking around and eradicating fires? We get it. That's what water does.

The animation was cute. But it wasn't near as good as the Thai lizard animation. Aquafina needs to take a lesson from Shera Flexiboard if they want to step their game up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well I guess you just lost a friend named Elizabeth