Monday, December 8, 2008

"This is really a commercial"

My good friend Laura suggested this commercial to me so if you think it's too inappropriate, blame her.

You know those jars where you have to put a quarter in every time you swear? Well for my first beer commercial review, Bud Light takes this concept to the office.



My first reaction was, "Is that for real?" Laura responded, "Yes! This is really a commercial!"

I'll admit. I laughed. Does that make me a bad person? I hope not.

I think beer commercials can be cutting-edge. They always have clever ideas for their spots during the Super Bowl. This one is definitely on the more liberal side with 16 bleeped out words in a one minute ad.

Bud Light approved this spot because it brings the laughs. I don't think they thought their reputation would be tarnished. In the end, this commercial entertained and showed the lengths people would go to get a case of Bud Light.

No comments: