Sunday, December 7, 2008

Wait, what?

So a couple minutes ago I was watching TV. Well I wasn't actually watching, I was on my laptop and the TV was on in the background. Anyway, a commercial came on that made me go, "Wait, what?"

I just saw the end of it where 'Hotels.com' is displayed, but my roommate was laughing so I looked it up online. Fortunately, I found it to share with you all.



"It's workin. It's working! Ah they got me! Ahh it's workin!"

I love commercials like this. Why make sense when you can be hilarious? I applaud you Hotels.com for this short and sweet spot.

It has a focus - user reviews on the Web site. It has an odd couple (one straight character, one out there character), which is a classic formula for comedy. And it has branding - Hotels.com at the end.

I'm glad commercials like this are approved by the companies being advertised. Sometimes short and sweet is the most effective way to people remembering your product.

No comments: